Friday, March 9, 2012

Weeks 6 and 7

Week 6
My boss was out due to the loss of her father it was also Mardi Gras break. I was still very ill with a virus. I went to the doctor 3 times from valentines day to this point so I did not work that week partly because my boss did not have stuff for me to do and because I did not want to infect the children.

Week 7
February 27-March 2nd
I really got some hours in this time because we were in full preperation for our book fair. But monday through wednesday were pretty typical I shelved and helped with different small projects the librarian gave me. I got to check out lots of books to the students. I also helped cut out different things for the book fair and help with the signs. I really enjoy doing typical things like shelving way more then I ever thought. But on Thursday and Friday the real work began I stay from nearly lunch to near in the evening both days helping prepare for the bookfair.
We had to unpack all the books scholastic send us and set everything up like a store. We really had fun with set up even though it was tons of work.  The librarian explained to me how the book fair works for their school and how they get the profits. It was really great to be apart of the book fair set up, because I remember going to the book fair at my elementary school. I really appreciate all the work that goes into it now more then ever. But the fun part was yet to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment