Monday, May 7, 2012

April 9th- 13th

As I said in my last blog Dubard was off on Monday April 9th so I did not work that day. But on tuesday April 10th I returned to work but I also got some bad news about my gallbladder. I got the call that it was not functioning at all and that I would need surgery. They got me an immediate appointment with a surgeon that week on April 11th I saw the surgeon; he really wanted to do surgery sooner but I told him I wanted to finish school and that I was working at Dubard so I could not have surgery until it was all over. So he agreed I would reserve the surgery for after graduation. After that I tried to get back into the swing of things at Dubard knowing my time there was short. I have good days and bad days with being sick so it was hard to do everything I was doing but I did the best I could. I got complimented with the work I did on the scrapbooks. I even sorted through a huge stack of all things that were on sorted and needed to be. I really enjoyed checking in the students books and listening to the librarian teach them about the library or computers or just read them a story. Our computer lab was still down with all the new technology coming around so it was chaos in the library for a couple of weeks. But overall I enjoyed working on the scrapbooks and learning how to deal with no only what the students check out but what the teachers check out and use as materials as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment